Hotmail or now referred to as Outlook is one of the best and oldest email service provider in the internet market. Not only email but it has broaden it’s service to many other products such as Skype, OneDrive, XBox, Office365 to name few.
Hotmail Login Steps:
Sign in to Hotmail is easy to do and can be perform in few easy steps. However, as Outlook has changed a bit in its login page, most of the users are confused in this. So, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the login page of Hotmail.
- Here, enter your email address and click on next.
- Now in the next page, enter your password and click on ” Sign in”.
- That’s it. It’s simple as that.
Previously, you need to enter your mail address and password in the same page. But as outlook has transformed a bit, you need to enter these in separate pages, which is more kind of secure (Just a thought).
Here’s the video tutorial:
So, these are the steps involved in How to Sign in to Outlook. Now, let us move towards the sign up process. All of you might know that you need to register or create an account in Hotmail to access it first.
Yes, it’s free to create an account but you need to create it first.
So, here’s a brief explanation in how to sign up for Hotmail
Hotmail Sign up
Unlike Sign in process, Creating and email account process requires a few more minute and need to fill up some more information. So here they are.
- Go to this page. It will land you to the account registration page.
- Now, in this page, you are required to enter your detailed information. First of all, you need to enter your name and surname. There’s no need to explain further on this.
- Coming down further, you need to choose your username for the email address. The only thing that need to remember is username must be unique. Therefore, there are many chance that the name you choose might already be registered and you need to go for other name. So the trick here is to add a number or “_” in the usernames. After the username part, you need to choose your sub domain. In simple words, choose weather you need @Outlook.com or @Hotmail.com. Both sub domains are same and provides the same services so don’t get confused on this and move forward.
- Now its time for password. There’s some strict rule while choosing password. You need to include 8 or more characters including one uppercase, one symbol and number. So, remember this formula.
- Select your country, enter your date of birth and Gender.
- Now comes the security part which is actually optional but it is highly recommended that you enter the both information asked in order to keep your account safe. So, Firstly, you need to enter your mobile number and secondly enter your alternate email address. Alternate email address are your another email address and its only purpose is to send you the verification code. But if this is your first email account, you can leave as it is. And regarding the mobile number, if you don’t have one, you can use the number of your family members and friends that you trust much as it is much sensitive.
- Finally, enter the captcha image. if you are confused regarding the image you can reload the new one and try it again. Remember, the captcha must be correct in order to continue. So, enter carefully and click on “Create Account“.
So, these are some of the steps you need to follow to create an email account on Hotmail.
Hotmail Mobile App
Now you can easily access you email form your mobile device wherever you want. Just download the app and enjoy. it’s not like you need an app to access your account, you can access it with your mobile browser as well. But for the better user experience and ease of access official app is the best. So, here’s the link to download the Outlook app.
Download For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook&hl=en
And for Windows phone, the app is inbuilt; no need to download it.
Remember, you can access all the service in mobile app like in Desktop version. in fact, user experience is quiet positive in the app as you can access all the email service in a single touch.