Here we’ll be talking about Hotmail Login process, how to create an account on Ooutlook and the official mobile apps. But before we begin, let us have some introduction first.
Hotmail or new referred to as Outlook is one of the best and oldest email service provider in the internet market. Not only email but it has broaden it’s service to many other products such as Skype, OneDrive, XBox, Office365 to name few.
Hotmail Login Steps
Sign in to Hotmail is easy to do and can be perform in few easy steps. However, as Outlook has changed a bit in its login page, most of the users are confused in this. So, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the login page of Hotmail.
- Here, enter your email address and click on next.
- Now in the next page, enter your password and click on “Sign in”.
- That’s it. It’s simple as that.
Previously, you need to enter your mail address and password in the same page. But as outlook has transformed a bit, you need to enter these in separate pages, which is more kind of secure (Just a thought).
Here’s the video tutorial:
So, these are the steps involved in How to Sign in to Outlook. Now, let us move towards the sign up process. All of you might know that you need to register or create an account in Hotmail to access it first.
Yes, it’s free to create an account but you need to create it first.
So, here’s a brief explanation in how to sign up.
Recommended: Alternate Hotmail Sign in
Hotmail Sign up
UPDATE: Unlike Sign in process, Creating and email account process requires a few more minute and need to fill up some more information. And now as outlook has introduced a new and improved version in sign up, its quiet easy. But before getting into the whole process, let me clear you the new updates.
You can use your mobile number for signing up for your outlook. Yes, you heard it right. Not only that, you can use your existing email address in other platforms like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL etc to create an account. There’s not much to be confused in here as your new email address would be your existing email id.
So here they are.
- Go to this page. It will land you to the account registration page.
- Now, first of all, you need to decide how you’re going to sign up. Either you go with existing email address, or your personal mobile number or new email address.
- If you are using existing email address, just enter your email address and choose your password below.
- If you want to use mobile number then click on “Use Mobile number instead“. Select the country code and enter your number.
- But if you want to use new email address, click on “Get a new email address” and choose your username from there.
- Click on Next.
- Now enter your name and last name in the appropriate boxes.
- Choose your country and date of birth.
- Now, Hotmail will send the verification code in the platform you choose. Suppose if you choose mobile number, the code will be text to that number, or if you choose the existing email address, the code will be mailed to that email. The mail point is to verify your account. That’s it.
- Finally, enter the captcha image. if you are confused regarding the image you can reload the new one and try it again. Remember, the captcha must be correct in order to continue. So, enter carefully. But again if you are having some trouble figuring out the characters in the image, you can try listening to the audio and enter the characters accordingly. Just click on “Audio” next to the image.
- Congratulations, your Hotmail Account has been created.
Most of the users are confused in the existing email address. Actually, your account has been created in Hotmail under that username with the password you choose. And once other users send you the email in that address, the mail will be seen on both your newly created Hotmail account and as well as your old account. And you can use all the Microsoft products and service from that email.
As this service is new, many new users are not aware about the existing email address. They completely create a new email address with @Hotmail or@Outlook and they are missing the big thing here. Yes its new and confusing as it is not talked much around. But the matter of fact; more that confusing, this service is beneficial because, you only have to share one email address for both platforms to your friends, family and work. However, you can use two different password for each account; it’s up to you.
Hotmail Mobile App
Now you can easily access you email form your mobile device wherever you want. Just download the app and enjoy. it’s not like you need an app to access your account, you can access it with your mobile browser as well. But for the better user experience and ease of access official app is the best. So, here’s the link to download the Outlook app.
Download For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook&hl=en
And for Windows phone, the app is inbuilt; no need to download it.
Remember, you can access all the service in mobile app like in Desktop version. in fact, user experience is quiet positive in the app as you can access all the email service in a single touch.
Login to Hotmail is the simple thing to do and can be done in the tree easy steps. If you’re an old user of outlook, you’ll probably see the changes in the registration part and all the new functions and updates. These updates are the best till date and no other email service provider has done that. And as they say “Microsoft account opens a world of benefits.” And finally, the mobile app. Accessing outlook with the app is fast and easy as well. You can read the mails and send the mail in a single touch. So, for the better experience, download the app form the link provided above. There’s another official app from outlook that’s called “Microsoft Authenticator” This app is used for two step verification process. Do check it out if you are interested.
So, these are some of the steps/process you need to follow to create an email and signing in. But still if you have some queries that are not well explained in this article, feel free to ask us in the comment box below.