If you forgot your login password, don’t need to worry as you can reset it in few steps. Reset password and change password is different. As, I’ve already discussed about Changing password, Here’s how to reset your login password in details:
Reset Hotmail Login Password
- In the Homepage of Hotmail, enter your email address, click on next.
- Now, click on “Forgotten my password” link from the bottom of the box.
- Choose the reason why you can’t sign in. As we’re discussing the reset password process, we’ll choose “I’ve forgotten my password” and click next.
- Now, enter your email address that you want to reset password and enter the captcha image. I assume that you know what captcha is and how they work so I won’t be taking too long about these.
- Moving on, you need to verify your identity. For this, Microsoft will send a verification code to either your alternate email address or the mobile number that your entered while sign up process. You can choose either one of these.
- Once you choose the medium, enter that in the box below. For example, if you choose alternate email address, enter your alternate email address in the box below. If you choose mobile, enter your mobile number in the box below. And once the information that you provided matches, click on “Send code“.
- By this time, you might have got the code. Now, enter that code.
- Finally, you are allowed to change the password.
Things to remember
- Most of the users tend to choose the hardest password possible in order to keep their account safe but later ends up with forgetting it. Therefore, you should choose the simple password which is easy to remember like your last name followed by last 4 digits of your mobile phone with 2 uppercase in it. Simple as that.
- If you want to secure your account at high level, you can activate two step verification process. What this does is, your password alone wont let you access your account. You’ll also need a code that Hotmail sends you every time you enter that password. So by this way, your account will be much secured and can’t be accessed by any unauthorized persons. However, this will take a long time each time you login to your account.